Saturday, June 28, 2008

Avery in the NICU

So because of Avery's fever, they ran a blood culture which came out positive for Group B Strep (GBS). I honestly didn't know anything about it previously. I remember testing for it at 36 weeks and was negative. On Sunday, June 8th around 11AM, Kevin and I were looking forward to bringing our new baby girl home and to our surprise the Pediatrician came in to break the bad news. Avery was positive for GBS which meant a minimum 10 day stay at the NICU. I was horrified! First my baby is sick and then I have to leave her here at the hospital. I couldn't hold back the tears! I was crying so loud a random nurse came in to check on me. I knew God would take care of our little Avery and after a 10 day stay in the NICU her treatment was complete and was better than ever.


0 comments: