Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Two weeks at home!

Avery has been home now for two weeks today and we have had SO much fun. For starters, my sister and I had to dress her up in a few of her outfits and take pictures. She was a natural and just laid there and let us take one after another :) Then Kevin and I gave her her first bath (sponge bath) because she still had her umbilical cord. She did not fuss at all, so I am thinking she is like me and loves baths! Last week was a little of a struggle because Avery was extremely fussy and never seemed to get enough to eat, so last Friday I went and visited a Lactation Consultant. Sure enough - I am not producing enough milk to keep up with Avery. She thinks it could have something to do with her 10 day stay in the NICU and getting used to bottles, so she didn't have the endurance to get all she needed in the standard 40 minute breastfeeding session. Kevin and I had to start supplementing with formula, but she loves it! Since she is finally full, she is sleeping a lot better and already weighs 8 lbs. and 1 oz! I can't believe how much she is already changing. She also lost her umbilical cord last Friday and we coudn't be more happy to have it gone. It was getting in the way and was starting to bleed which really was making me nervous. We also had to take Avery to the doctor last week because I woke up and noticed that she had yellow/green goo in her right eye. It wasn't red, but looked awful. It was Avery's tear ducts getting clogged, so I had to massage around her eye to help her out. Kevin took this week off from work and stayed home with her today, so I could go get a massage. He had got that for me for my birthday gift. What a perfect gift!!! It was awesome. Avery is looking forward for my parents visit tomorrow and my cousins visiting this weekend!!




2 comments:

Brooke said...

I had so much fun dressing her up, I will probably do a lot more it. I love her soooo much. Give her a kiss for me. Her DD and Popa are so exited about getting to watch her for a couple of hours this weekend.
Love
Aunt Brooke.

Michelle said...

Avery is so photogenic, just like her Mama! She is absolutely beautiful Brandi!